There are 8 planets in our solar system named as below:-
- PLUTO is the dwarfest planet on earth.
- Distance from earth to sun is 149.8 million km.
- As per Scientifical facts earth has 71% hydrogen and 26.5% helium. Rest are other gases.
- Diameter of earth 12,036 km.
- Period of rotation of earth …. 23 hours 56min 4sec.
- Mercury is the smallest planet nearest to the sun.
- Venus is called the moring and evening star.
- Our Planet earth has one moon and from that also 59% of the moon surface available from earth.
- Jupiter is the largest planet having 22 moons.
- Saturn is the second largest planet.
- Earth internal core temperature is 6000 degree celcius.
Difference between Asteroids and Meteors:-
- Asteriods are minor planets revolving around the Jupiter and Mars. Ceres is the first asteriods to be discovered. having a diameter of 670 km.
2. Meterors are the small bodies which when enters the earth atmosphere completely burn away like a shooting star.
- Superficial area :- 510,100,500 sq km
- Land Surface :- 148,950,800 Sq km
- Water surface :- 361,149,700 Sq Km
- Equatorial Diameter:- 12,754 km
- Equatorial radius: – 6,377 km
- Time of revolution around it’s own axis 23hr, 56m, 4.09 sec
- Time of revolution around the sun :- 365 days 5 hr, 48min
- Escape Velocity :- 11.2 m/sec (Escape Velocity is the speed necessary to break away from the earth to the outer space)